Thursday, February 22, 2007

Online Dictionaries - FREE

When I need information, the definition of a word or a similar word there are a few different places I go to on the Web. They are helpful with the kids homework and for my writing. Here are a few of my favorites

www.m-w.com - Merriam Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus
www.answers.com - They give you definitions, encyclopedia notes, and much more
www.thefreedictionary.com - Offers definitions, thesaurus and references in literature
www.wikipedia.org - I think we all know what wikipedia is, but be careful because it is edited by general users.
dictionary.cambridge.org - They give you definitions from different dictionaries.
dictionary.reference.com - This is another one that you have definitions, thesaurus, references, encyclopedias, etc.
www.onelook.com - This site also offers reverse look up, which can be helpful.

There are many more out there, but these are the ones that I use on a consistent basis. If you can think of any others please let me know so that I can use them also. I hope these free online resources have been able to help you like they have helped me.

Thanks for joining me as we waddle through the Internet.
Patti

No comments: