Sunday, February 11, 2007

Ideas and the Internet

I have been trying to figure out some ideas to write about that are of a technical nature and it is harder than I thought it would be. But as I was thinking on this, I did come up with an idea and I wanted to share that with you today.

If you are working on your blog and are running out of ideas, there are a few different websites that you can check out that will assist you with your ideas. This is great but you don't want to copy everyone else. I thought of a way to come up with innovative ideas for your blog and still maintain your individuality.

One of the ways to do this is to read the different websites that have a similar interest to your blog. There are so many websites available on the Internet that you can research for years and never find all of them. By doing a general search on the topic of your blog you can come up with ideas that you can tweak and put your own spin on to make them your own.

Another way that you can come up with different ideas is to keep an eye on the news websites, this could be global news, i.e. Fox, CNN, etc or it could be your local newspaper or radio station. All of these news sources can give you ideas of different things you can write about and still maintain a freshness to your blog.

The final way that I thought of to come up with new ideas for your blog is to talk to people, whether it is online or in person. Normally people have different questions they want answered. It could be as simple as how to change a tire or as elaborate as how to build an extension on your house. It is up to you on what information you put on your blog. Your goal is to make it fresh and interesting so that people keep coming back on a consistent basis.

I hope this helped some of you with your blog ideas, I know it has helped me. Now I just have to remember to follow my own advice. Until next time, remember we are just a waddle away.

Keep Cool
Patti

No comments: