Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Technology and You

I will be the first to admit that I don't know a lot about technology, but I am always willing to learn. Growing up I was the first one in my family to own a computer, it was a Commodore Vic20. I thought it was great when I was able to write a program to get a rainbow of colors on my screen or to print out letters in different colors. Technology has come a long way since then. I still remember buying a hard drive for our computer and it was $350 for a 250k hard drive. The prices we paid back then were amazing and now my husband just put together a media room and added a computer with two 500G hard drives to hold all of the movies. It is mind boggling.

So I decided I was going to do a blog that helped people get through the maze of technology one waddle at a time. To help the computer illiterate understand the nuances of our "Information Age" and in the meantime help myself to understand some of the things I don't understand.

If there is anything you want to know about or a new technology you want to learn about let me know and I will look into it. In the meantime, I am going to hit on a few of the subjects that have helped me over the years. I should be able to come up with a few as I was on the Internet before there was a World Wide Web, before email was commonplace (you had to pay extra for it), and online games were text-based.

Stop on by when you get a chance and hear the technology ramblings of the Polar Penguin.
Patti

No comments: