Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Digital Camers

Yesterday, I decided to use my husband's camera to send some pictures to my friends in Vegas about our weather in Michigan. So I went outside and took a couple of pictures (I figured out how to use the camera) and then came back inside to send the pictures to my friends. Sounds pretty simple right? Wrong!

My husband owns a media PC, which means it already has the spot built into the computer for the flash card. I took the flash card out of the camera and put it into the computer (after I figured out which way it was supposed to go in. I then went into My Computer to try and find the drive that had the pictures. I couldn't find it. There was the hard drive listed and then 4 removable drives, do you think I could find the drive with the pictures. Normally when you put a CD into the computer it comes up under My Computer as the name of whatever CD you put it, so it is really easy to pull up the CD and access the information you need.

I waited until my son came home from school (he is 17) and he walked over to the computer, pulled up My Computer and opened the file. I was dumbfounded, I felt like an idiot...do you know why? It was one of the removable drives, I hadn't clicked on all of them and because of that I hadn't found the pictures. Once I was able to access the pictures I saved them to My Pictures and sent one to my friends.

Boy was I embarrassed, not only does my son know more about computers than I do (which I had already suspected), but now he knew it too. Oh well, at least he knew, so he won't have to wonder how to do it later.

Have a great day
Patti

No comments: